Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playing it Safe

I used to be that way.  I would never go  anywhere that i wasn't comfortable with.  I'd never do anything slightly illegal or  dangerous even if the rewards FAR outweighed the risks or consequences. Unsurprisingly, i can honestly say that i have never felt more alive than my nights in chicago, trespassing and climbing bridges and buildings, and most notably, getting arrested.  i has always mulled over in my head what jail would be like, or what my reactions would be.  Of course, at the time, i was scared, but also alive at the same time, and looking back now, i do it again.  i'm sure that people thought i was stupid or childish, but i hate the idea that once you get older, you can't have a childish side.  i'm not saying go all out and be a full blown 6 year old, but i do think that a lot of people give up on doing some things just because they are afraid that other people will look down on them.  That is simply no way to live life.  I wish more people could have an imagination, or a wild side.  Living life to the letter, in my opinion, would be the most boring, dull, and unexciting way to exist.  Trespassing and breaking the law would be considered stupid to most people, and sometimes i think it was dumb, but then i think of how i felt that night, and the way it changed me, I'm glad i did it.  Maybe i'm just part adrenaline junkie, or maybe i'm just someone who realizes that life is too short to wait for everyone's approval.  Either way, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment